Home »   Print

The Chamber in Brief

Ramallah and Al-Bireh Chamber of Commerce was established in 1950 in Ramallah by a few merchants totaling less than 100. Their aim was to establish a unionized entity to defend their interest.

The chamber progressed where in 1961 it had 309 members and during the following 4 years they grew to 516 members most of which are small establishments classified under the second or third Class. the chamber in 2013 has about 5000 members.

Since its establishment, the Chamber is serving and defending the interests of its members and established good relationships with many Arab chambers and is strengthening these relations by sending various commerce delegates to these countries. Moreover, the Chamber is continuing its role in providing mediation and arbitration between its members in addition to its participation in the enactment of laws, regulations and income taxation laws pertaining to commerce and trade.

The first election of the administrative board was held in 1950 where Mr. Yousef Alanqar was elected as the first chairman of the Chamber’s board.
 

All Rights Reserved to the Chamber of Commerce & Industry - Ramallah & Al-Bireh Governorate